Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Blog Post #8

What is the most important thing you have learned in your fieldwork observation? Why?

In doing my fieldwork, it is hard to pinpoint the single most important thing I have learned from observing in my classroom. I feel like I was extremely lucky in the teacher I was able to observe, and have learned many valuable teaching methods and ideas from her. She is a very loving and patient, yet firm teacher that values giving the students trust to manage themselves.
The single most important thing I will take away from observing in my classroom, is probably the method of taking responsibility of themselves, and being accountable for their actions. She does this in such a way that it makes the students want to earn their good consequences, so she doesn't need to focus on their misbehavior. This is a tool I will utilize in my own classroom, and I can't wait to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment